>

Δευτέρα 16 Αυγούστου 2010

what is this i don't even

There are some moments in life, where you gotta: 



True Story: I Started trading, even though  i hate numbers, excel, manipulations etc. But in eve you have to adapt or u die. On my new job i could play eve but the shitty computer forced me to never undock. And since the computer is so shitty that i can't even station spin, i started station trading.

So one day i made a super fail error. I found an opportunity in a item that if i right clicked >sell i could make a nice profit. But no, i wanted more, so i placed a sell order. Then something went wrong in the large amounts of biochemical processes of this disgusting white matter we call brain , a neuron misfired , dunno, but i added 3 extra digits, asking for the item billions instead of millions. Then i clicked enter. I saw the digits on my wallet shrink. They went from 10 to 9, 8, 7 then 6!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!
I saw the sell order. it had way to many digits. With no breath i silently screamed :  "broker fee"


I swear my face was like this:


And then it was gone. The rage lasted seconds. "omg" i thought, is this when you grow up ? "Where is the rage?" I kept asking. "There just pixels" i responded. "Besides you will make them back in a month you lazy cunt. " And like a raging schizophrenic i continued : " But those billions could fund my pvp and grief alts." and i replayed "well then, take a week off, to learn some skills, or even better, how to pvp" 

And then silence. Short awkward silent silence that your brain makes, when logic and reason start ups. "HOLY SHIT!!! Where the hell is the warning about item being over X% of regional average!?!?!? Why didn't it came up? There was no YES or NO!!!" 1 word : Petition.  I was thinking positive. " Yeah like they don't have enough troubles, and millions of petitions, they gonna stop everything and give your billions back, sure ". I send the petition. After an hour a GM replayed. " Which order was it? i need date and time"
OMG not only i am stupid , i also do not help people help me!!!! i had like 60 seconds before DT so i typed fast the order and clicked send as tranquility was shutting down. I then realized i can send petitions via the web page. Shut up.
In this time zone, when tranquility shuts down  it is also when my 8 hours at works end ( the irony i know). It was friday so i had to go home , take stuff , pick up the wife, and head to the sea for mini - holidays. I do not have to explain about wife agro and the consequences of attempting to tank it.
"There's a noob at my country house who does not know how to lock his wi-fi. Lap top cannot run EVE but at least i can monitor the progress of my petition." I thought.
For nearly 2 years the wifi connection was unlocked. Murphy's law kicked in. The wi-fi was locked. 




Also i forgot to set a long skill. :D Who cares right? 

Sunday night i return to the internets. GM responded asking which order it is. Also if the item is sold they cannot do much. Told them that after 5 minute time limit passed i changed it back to million and probably got sold in the weekend. Then i went to bed. Monday morning this:


I had already accepted  the fact that the isk were gone, and i was very happy to see them return. I can now resume my master plan for universal domination.

tl;dr version: fuck you and read it® :D

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: